Plumbing Repiping Lubbock, Tx
Sewer lines are an aspect of a home that most homeowners often take for granted, until that awful day when they discover a sewer line issue. The same could be said about all drain lines, and even the main water line. All fo these plumbing pipes have one thing in common, they are buried or hidden from plain sight. So it makes sense that they don’t get thought about until an issue arises.
At the moment that an issue does arise, most homeowners are filled with fear not only about the potential damage that could be caused by damaged or broken pipes but also about the challenge of finding a reputable plumber who can correct the sewer line issues affordably.
Fortunately for the residents of Lubbock Action Air & Plumbing has been correcting these types of issues and many more for over 30 years. Founded in 1985, right in Lubbock by the Ohlmann family, Action Air & Plumbing provides not only the expertise that is needed to fix plumbing and HVAC issues on the first visit, but they do it at a fair price. It is this dedication to the residents of the Lubbock community that has earned this company a loyal customer base that continues to grow year after year.
So when you are facing a major plumbing project, like plumbing repiping in Lubbock, call the company that your neighbors have trusted for two generations, Action Air, Plumbing & Septic at (806) 787-6501.
Common Issues That Lead To Repiping
Although you never see them, sewer line pipes provide a very important service to your home. They carry all of the wastewater and other materials from all of the plumbing drains in your home to the city sewer line. But over time, there are many issues that can arise including:
- Tree Roots Intrusions– roots can grow into certain types of pipe and create a blockage or they can grow around a pipe and crush it over time
- Blockages- this can occur when large items are forced down a drain or when grease or some other material collects and restricts the flow through a pipe
- Broken or Cracked Pipe– this is often the result of soil shifting during the process of the soil freezing and thawing or if the pipe trenches were not properly backfilled and compacted
- Pipe Corrosion or Deterioration– older pipes or any pipe that is not made of PVC will begin to deteriorate over time or corrode which will restrict the flow through the pipe
- Bellied Pipe– when a section of pipe sinks for some reason, debris will settle in the area and restrict flow through the pipe
- Leaking Pipes– when the seals between each pipe fail, liquid will begin to escape between the pipes and can allow soil to enter the pipes and create a blockage
Signs Its Time For Repiping Service
Most homeowner’s do not schedule regular maintenance or inspections of their sewer lines. The only time that they think about this piping is when they notice one of the following issues:
- The drain lines are not clearing as quickly as they had in the past
- There are frequent backups and blockages of the sewer line
- The drain lines are leaking in the house
- Standing water in the yard along the path of the drain line or at the connection to the sewer line
- Foul smelling wet areas in the yard
- Sunken areas in the yard
- A noticeably green, lush area in the grass
- Cracks in the foundation of the house or in sidewalks or paved areas near the sewer line
- Persistent rodent or insect issues even after using pest control
If you have noticed any of these issues, contact Action Air, Plumbing & Septic at (806) 787-6501. Acting promptly at the first warning sign of damaged sewer, water, or drain lines is the first step to take to avoid the need for a complete plumbing repipe in your Lubbock home.
Different Types of Plumbing Pipes
There are many types of sewer pipe that can be found in residential plumbing. Brick, cement and concrete pipes all will begin to deteriorate and can be subject to damage by tree roots. Iron was also a common material for piping, but these pipes are prone to corrosion and eventual failure as well. Newer piping is often done in PVC as this pipe does not corrode or decompose as some other materials are prone to do. However, this lighter weight pipe can be crushed or cracked by a strong blow from a shovel or equipment in some cases.
Schedule Your Plumbing Repiping in Lubbock Today!
Fast attention can save you a great deal of money and avoid the need to clean up sewage damage to your home and property. The expert technicians from Action Air, Septic & Plumbing will thoroughly examining your homes plumbing piping, show you the damage or issues, and explain your options for repiping or repairing the damaged pipes.
Our reputation has been built by providing quality service at a fair price to the community of Lubbock for over 30 years. And that is our commitment to you as well. Please call Action Air, Plumbing & Septic at (806) 787-6501 to speak to one of our staff members who will assist you in scheduling an appointment at a time that is convenient for you!